Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What Happened

RING, RING

H: Hello, this is Hillary Clinton.

J: Who’s your favorite blogger named Jack?

H: Ummm, Jack Kerwick who writes over at townhall.com.

J: You’re still mad I stood you up for the prom, aren’t you?

H: Jack, I don’t have time for this.

J: You’ve got all the time in world since Donald J…

H: Why are you calling me, Jack? I’m in middle of a book tour.

J: That’s why I’m calling you. You stole the title of my book.

H: What Happened

J: Exactly. It’s the story of how I became a world-famous blogger and lost a bunch of weight, but then I kind of fell off the wagon and gained a bunch of weight.

H: What happened?

J: Yes, that’s what I was going to title the book.

H: No, I mean… what happened?

J: Oh, I could give you a hundred excuses, Hil, but all that matters is that I’m doing better now. I just wanted to chronicle my journey so others could learn from what went wrong for me.

H: Can’t you just change the title?

J: THE TITLE’S THE ONLY THING I’VE WRITTEN SO FAR!!!!!


DIAL TONE

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails